web site

check out mini mae knitwear @ www.minimaeknitwear.com.au for more fantastic designs!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chest of Drawers Update

This is another project I've been meaning to do for ages, & I have finally completed :)  I wanted to give our old drawers an update because they have always been too high for bedside tables & they were looking a bit past it.  So, with the help of my boys I went like a crazy person a couple of Saturday's ago & sliced them down, sanded & undercoated them, repainted them with a couple of coats of semi gloss enamel in Hogs Bristle (although it appears lighter than I thought it would be), sanded them back a little to reveal the original colour, cut out (using jigsaw) new French style front mouldings to go between the legs, & finished them off with new knobs from local store 'ginger & co'. I didn't get it all done in 1 day.  I went like a crazy person on the monday as well!  Here are some pics;
completed drawer unit








drawers in original condition


No comments:

Post a Comment